The FIRST Day of Christmas with the Robesons is HERE!!! Today’s DIY is an innovative take on a christmas tree for all those with small apartments or small houses who don’t have room for a full christmas tree this holiday season. We hope you have a blast making this broken mirror tree! Be sure to wear gloves and be cautious with the broken glass pieces 😉
** Share your holiday decor and DIY’s with us on social media and INCLUDE the hashtag #ChristmasWithTheRobesons and we will include your photos in our final christmas videos!
[ Materials You’ll Need ]
2 Full Length Mirrors – http://rstyle.me/n/bdrfnv3pye
PolyBlend Sanded Grout (Bright White color/25lbs) – http://rstyle.me/n/bdrfui3pye
Grouting Sponges – http://rstyle.me/n/bdrfwm3pye
Gloves – http://rstyle.me/n/bdrf2e3pye
Mask – http://rstyle.me/n/bdrf3v3pye
Hammer – http://rstyle.me/n/bdrf4v3pye
Mirror Adhesive (that WONT damage mirror reflecting backing) – http://rstyle.me/n/bdrf623pye
Bucket – http://rstyle.me/n/bdrf9r3pye
Yard Stick – http://rstyle.me/n/bdrgdi3pye
[ Steps ]
1. Break glass with hammer – wearing protective eye wear and goggles.
2. Separate the broken glass pieces by size and shape and arrange them out on your particle board backing
3. Glue the mirror pieces down with a mirror safe adhesive (check out the link above – we recommend either Loctite or Liquid Nails mirror safe glue). Allow a few hours for the glue to cure.
4. Mix your grouting according to its packaging and smooth out a layer of grout over the mirror pieces.
5. Use sponges to thin out the layer of grouting and clear away the remaining grout from the mirrors.
6. Let it dry for 24 hours!
Christmas Decorating is our favorite thing to do at Robeson Design. 2015 will be our best year ever as we create 25 NEW Videos of Christmas Decorations and Christmas Decorating ideas and inspiration for you, our viewers of over half million subscribers! Interior Designer Rebecca Robeson and Fashion Blogger Sharrah Robeson bring you the most beautiful Christmas decorating ideas for 2015. 25 Videos will be uploaded daily between the two channels bringing ideas to all generations and every budget in between. Make it fabulous… even on a budget. Guest appearances by Scott Robeson will bring it all to life as this family kicks it into high-gear for Christmas 2015.
Click here to go to our website:
Click here to go to our Facebook:
Follow us on HOUZZ:
Directed and Produced by Robeson Design.
Videography by Matthew Moran
Editing by Dorian Tucker
All exclusive music provided by Jimmy Robeson
Royalty free music by Epidemic Sound